Flexible Packaging Assn. presents highest achievement honors for sterile bags and vacuum skin packaging.Read more
Enterprise Labeling Solutions offer an efficient way to meet the needs of OSHA compliance for labeling of chemicals.Read more
At well over 1 million sq ft and growing, the triennial plastics showcase will have operating equipment at 400+ booths.Read more
PFFC's "On Print" columnist Dene Taylor will present educational session on packaging.Read more
News | New Products
More than 2,300 visitors is 12% increase over 2013 event
The slitter/rewinders, intended for Bemis’s recapitalization program, are expected to bring added productivity and ergonomics
Dual motor drive retrofit reportedly allows older sheeters to remain competitive
The event is expected to draw record numbers of exhibitors in a record amount of space, and to be the most NPE in history
The SWIFT system is said to allow brand protection and security at high volumes for an affordable cost
Duropack, now part of DS Smith, has raised its market share in Europe and sharpened its focus on packaging, reports OEP
Company will launch enhancements to the integration with EskoArtwork at the upcoming DSCOOP X event
Directories | Reports
PFFC brings you exclusive White Papers from our online sponsors.
Visit Kelly on Static from Static control expert Dr. Kelly Robinson, president of Electrostatic Answers; Kelly has 27+ years of experience in problem-solving and consulting.
Visit Tim's Web Lines to handle and wind your paper, film, foil, and similar products. Take advantage of Tim’s 25+ years just like over 100 converters have.
Visit Mark's Coating Matters from fluid coating expert Mark D. Miller; Process improvement and project management for precision roll-to-roll coating applications.
Visit Marketing Mojo for dynamic marketing insights from Stephanie Millman that inspire new ideas on how to stay on top of your customer’s mind.
Visit Yo’s Yarns to share the thoughts, impressions, experiences, and news that impact the converting industry. . . or anything else that happens to be on her mind!
Visit Tom's Poly Ploys, where Tom will be writing on various topics that the typical polymer processor would encounter on the job.
- March 23, 2009
Mentor, OH | Avery Dennison announces eco-friendly initiatives:
- New technology in several plants is converting manufacturing solvent waste into energy to power plant equipment, resulting in the elimination of 99% of VOC emissions;
- 1 million lbs of polyester waste from casting films is transformed into recycled, post-consumer products such as milk containers;
- Roll Materials operations in North America and Europe are partnering with waste recycler companies to collect and recycle liner waste from customers with PSA products;
- The use of solar power at the factory level is being investigated in parts of the world that have the technology and appropriate climate.
The Fasson Roll North America div. of Avery Dennison has developed a focused team armed with Enterprise Lean Sigma (ELS) tools and methods to support its goal to reduce waste sent to landfills in North America by 10% when compared to 2007 levels.
- MACtac, Stow, OH, formalizes the Application Development Team, assembled to work with customers to provide product and process solutions. The team's focus is to help customers improve their product portfolios and process management activities by acting as an R&D partner.
- Flexotecnica, New Berlin, WI, demonstrated its new F12, a 12-color press, this past fall at global headquarters near Milan, Italy. The Open House demonstration featured a six-color fingerprint job then changed over to another six-color job while the press was running.
- Rotoflex Intl., Mississauga, ON, Canada, supplier of web inspection and finishing equipment, is acquired by MAI Holdings, St. Louis, MO. Rotoflex will maintain an independent brand presence. MAI brands include Mark Andy, Comco, and UVT.
- UPM Raflatac, Fletcher, NC, opens a slitting and distribution terminal in Jaguariúna, Brazil.
- Robert Klas Sr., founder, chairman, and former CEO of Tapemark, West St. Paul, MN, is awarded the first Dakota-Scott Counties Workforce Investment Board Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
- Overnight Labels, Deer Park, NY, is accepted as an associate member of the Natural Products Assn., a nonprofit organization dedicated to the natural products industry.
- MAX, the service and support team of Mark Andy, St. Louis, MO, expands its aftermarket offerings by partnering with Harper Corp. of America, Charlotte, NC, to provide Harper anilox rolls to Comco and Mark Andy press users worldwide.