Mark Miller helps you identify the right material selection for tooling that will carry fluid to your substrate.Read more
Product and Technology of the Year Awards praise Hazen for Titleist golf ball sleeves and cartons and SAM N.A. for slot die with internal …Read more
Web handling expert Tim Walker offers three options for this machine direction folding process.Read more
Marketing expert Mark Lusky offers 3 tips to help you rev up your reputation and credibility in the marketplaceRead more
News | New Products
Frito-Lay floor stand honored as Temporary Display of the Year and Most Creative Temporary Display
Demand for space is said to be strong for the 2016 trade fair for plastics and rubber, with 3,000 exhibitors expected to fill the halls
The 3600 Series undergoes an engine upgrade to run at higher speeds, reportedly with no loss in print quality
The Solution Coating Technical Center will offer customer trials and demos, toll coating, and R&D for the coating industry
The Tau 330 UV inkjet digital label press is said to provide up to 2 hours of uninterrupted printing, fewer changeovers, and less downtime
The DSS Compact Coex die is said to provide many benefits with less height and weight
The SPI Automatic Film Splicer performs non-stop film changes in food and beverage packaging operations
Directories | Reports
PFFC brings you exclusive White Papers from our online sponsors.
Visit Kelly on Static from Static control expert Dr. Kelly Robinson, president of Electrostatic Answers; Kelly has 27+ years of experience in problem-solving and consulting.
Visit Tim's Web Lines to handle and wind your paper, film, foil, and similar products. Take advantage of Tim’s 25+ years just like over 100 converters have.
Visit Mark's Coating Matters from fluid coating expert Mark D. Miller; Process improvement and project management for precision roll-to-roll coating applications.
Visit Marketing Mojo for dynamic marketing insights from Stephanie Millman that inspire new ideas on how to stay on top of your customer’s mind.
Visit Yo’s Yarns to share the thoughts, impressions, experiences, and news that impact the converting industry. . . or anything else that happens to be on her mind!
Visit Tom's Poly Ploys, where Tom will be writing on various topics that the typical polymer processor would encounter on the job.
- March 23, 2009
Mentor, OH | Avery Dennison announces eco-friendly initiatives:
- New technology in several plants is converting manufacturing solvent waste into energy to power plant equipment, resulting in the elimination of 99% of VOC emissions;
- 1 million lbs of polyester waste from casting films is transformed into recycled, post-consumer products such as milk containers;
- Roll Materials operations in North America and Europe are partnering with waste recycler companies to collect and recycle liner waste from customers with PSA products;
- The use of solar power at the factory level is being investigated in parts of the world that have the technology and appropriate climate.
The Fasson Roll North America div. of Avery Dennison has developed a focused team armed with Enterprise Lean Sigma (ELS) tools and methods to support its goal to reduce waste sent to landfills in North America by 10% when compared to 2007 levels.
- MACtac, Stow, OH, formalizes the Application Development Team, assembled to work with customers to provide product and process solutions. The team's focus is to help customers improve their product portfolios and process management activities by acting as an R&D partner.
- Flexotecnica, New Berlin, WI, demonstrated its new F12, a 12-color press, this past fall at global headquarters near Milan, Italy. The Open House demonstration featured a six-color fingerprint job then changed over to another six-color job while the press was running.
- Rotoflex Intl., Mississauga, ON, Canada, supplier of web inspection and finishing equipment, is acquired by MAI Holdings, St. Louis, MO. Rotoflex will maintain an independent brand presence. MAI brands include Mark Andy, Comco, and UVT.
- UPM Raflatac, Fletcher, NC, opens a slitting and distribution terminal in Jaguariúna, Brazil.
- Robert Klas Sr., founder, chairman, and former CEO of Tapemark, West St. Paul, MN, is awarded the first Dakota-Scott Counties Workforce Investment Board Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
- Overnight Labels, Deer Park, NY, is accepted as an associate member of the Natural Products Assn., a nonprofit organization dedicated to the natural products industry.
- MAX, the service and support team of Mark Andy, St. Louis, MO, expands its aftermarket offerings by partnering with Harper Corp. of America, Charlotte, NC, to provide Harper anilox rolls to Comco and Mark Andy press users worldwide.