- April 22, 2015, Mark Miller
When looking for process, product, and profit improvements for your PSA tapes and labels, consider going back to the drawing board
- March 19, 2015, Mark Miller
Mark Miller helps you identify the right material selection for tooling that will carry fluid to your substrate
- March 11, 2015, Mark Miller
Here are a few theories to guide your decision making for achieving the thin coatings needed for filtration
- February 09, 2015, Mark Miller
The fundamentals of air entrainment, entrapment, and rheology are critical to product success
- January 13, 2015, By Mark Miller and Jim Feltman
Fluid preparation and delivery may be ancillary to the coating process, but they are critical to the coating outcome
- December 12, 2014, Mark Miller
To provide more than one fluid at a time to a substrate, a pre-metered method like slot die coating is required
- October 21, 2014, Mark Miller
Intermittent coating continues to be a growing field in the world of slot die coating technology in general, and the flexible electronics and energy storage industries in particular.
- September 23, 2014, Mark Miller
The world has gone patch coating crazy! Batteries, pharmaceuticals, even adhesives. With increased interest in intermittent coating, we have to consider the technical challenges
- August 20, 2014, Mark Miller and Joseph E. Martin
In Part 2 of this two-part series, the authors provide the criteria for choosing a remoisturizer solution
- July 22, 2014, Mark Miller and Joseph E. Martin
Paper-based label manufacturers must produce a stable, flat product. This requires controlling moisture content in all layers of the final product to equilibrium.
- June 18, 2014, Mark Miller
Developing a new coated product? Here is a set of questions that can lead the process engineer in the right direction going forward.
- May 27, 2014, Mark Miller
Reducing defects in fluid coating works best by practicing preventative medicine.
- April 23, 2014, Mark Miller
In premetered coating, a slot die is the control valve that turns fluid flow through a pipe into a precise, flat, and even coating on a continuous substrate. How does a chunk of metal do this?
- March 25, 2014, Mark Miller
Where does stress come from, and what can it do to a perfectly good coating?
- February 18, 2014, Mark Miller
To solve coating issues, you need to have a rudimentary understanding of curing technologies
- January 08, 2014, Mark Miller
Process development is taking a product concept through 3 stages: lab, pilot, and production
- December 17, 2013, Mark Miller
The world has gone patch coating crazy, but we also have to consider the technical challenges
- November 12, 2013, Mark Miller
In the second of this two-part series on hot melt coating, Mark Miller says the newest technology is not always the best, but the best techniques applied to good technology provide the best product outcomes.
- October 16, 2013, Mark Miller
Thinner, faster, and state of the art describes the direction hot melt adhesive manufacturing companies are headed.
- September 16, 2013, Claudia Hine
It's not magic that makes curtain coating work but physics and fluid dynamics.
- August 20, 2013, Mark Miller
Tensioned Web Over Slot Die is a coating technique that has some unique advantages
- July 02, 2013
What you can learn from a slot die designer that will help you in your roll-to-roll manufacturing process
- May 15, 2013, Mark Miller
Faster and thinner coatings are the wave of the future—learn how to ride the wave to success!
- April 18, 2013, Mark Miller
If you are trying to create, coat, and solidify fluids, coating expert Mark Miller offers some fundamentals that you simply must know.
- February 26, 2013, Mark Miller
What happens in the fluid mixing room can have a profound effect on what gets coated onto the substrate
- January 11, 2013, Mark Miller
Mark Miller says his discussions explaining fluid coating technology vs. extrusion technology feel like excerpts from Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus.
- November 07, 2012, Mark Miller and Devan Padmanabhan
Creating value through patents—an investment in intellectual property should be handled with the same rigor as the purchase of capital property.
- October 02, 2012, Mark Miller
When you are forming a polymer product, you have to understand some basics of how the formation of the product is influenced by the chemistry of the polymer.
- July 17, 2012, Mark Miller
Free span coating provides a coating arrangement that may help you in new product development.
- May 29, 2012, Mark Miller
The demands of the current electronics and optics markets are requiring panel coating technology more than ever.