Folding carton and corrugated converters will find equipment displays and educational opportunities in die-cutting, foil stamping, embossing, and more.Read more
How well do you understand the relationship between your films and your corona treater?Read more
EVOH allows conversion from foil and metallized film laminations to co-extruded barrier films.Read more
Mark Miller helps you identify the right material selection for tooling that will carry fluid to your substrate.Read more
News | New Products
ECG seminar will feature a wide range of topics and break-out sessions
The Novamelt location in Germany, where hot melt p-s adhesives are produced, is expected to play a key role in the integration of the two companies
According to a study from the Corrugated Packaging Alliance, shipping in corrugated containers saves 10.4 percent annually compared to RPCs
The 2015 North American Paperboard Packaging Competition, which recognizes excellence through the entire converting process, is accepting entries
A recent show in China was the occasion for the introduction of the modular ‘Concept’ and a carbon fibre chamber doctor blade
Visit Booth 205 at Kansas City Convention Center April 27-29
The new event, which will focus on processing and packaging technologies serving the food and beverage areas, will launch in 2017
Directories | Reports
PFFC brings you exclusive White Papers from our online sponsors.
Visit Kelly on Static from Static control expert Dr. Kelly Robinson, president of Electrostatic Answers; Kelly has 27+ years of experience in problem-solving and consulting.
Visit Tim's Web Lines to handle and wind your paper, film, foil, and similar products. Take advantage of Tim’s 25+ years just like over 100 converters have.
Visit Mark's Coating Matters from fluid coating expert Mark D. Miller; Process improvement and project management for precision roll-to-roll coating applications.
Visit Marketing Mojo for dynamic marketing insights from Stephanie Millman that inspire new ideas on how to stay on top of your customer’s mind.
Visit Yo’s Yarns to share the thoughts, impressions, experiences, and news that impact the converting industry. . . or anything else that happens to be on her mind!
Visit Tom's Poly Ploys, where Tom will be writing on various topics that the typical polymer processor would encounter on the job.
- August 01, 2009, By Yolanda Simonsis, Associate Publisher/Editor
It's no secret exhibitions and conferences have experienced a trend toward a more compact size. The Converting Machinery/Materials Conference and Exposition (CMM), held June 2-4 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Ctr. in Rosemont, IL, followed suit with the added challenge of a global recession to lower the number of attendees and exhibitors alike.
While attendance was the smallest the show has ever experienced at 1,850, a total of 150 exhibitor booths attracted quality leads, accounting for some upbeat activity on the show floor. The June 6-9, 2011, edition is once again slated for Rosemont.
Show features included the following highlights:
- Bestowal of a Converter of the Year award to deserving honoree Dan McFarland, president of Ampac's Performance Printed Films group. (Visit PFFC, June '09, p38, or www.pffc-online.com/flexpack/main/paper-growth-strategy-0609).
- A pre-show golf tournament debuted, co-sponsored with DiTrolio Flexographic Inst.
- Pre-show conferences/workshops featured PFFC's “Web Lines” contributor Timothy J. Walker.
- The Maxcess Univ. Conference Week, hosted by Maxcess Intl., included web handling instruction as well as hands-on demonstrations.
- A first-time State of the Converting Community panel brought together the chief editors of the five top industry publications.
- A mega-session of general interest to all focused on “Sustainability in Practice: Green Washing & Beyond.”
- Technology Centers focused on flexible packaging, narrow to mid-web converting, and folding cartons.
- Networking opportunities included a delegate luncheon, coffee break, and on-floor receptions.
- On the final day of the show, a Smartcar give-away was awarded to Tom Engel of Quad Plus LLC.
Here and in subsequent issues, readers will find an assortment of products that PFFC editors collected from CMM exhibitors.