EVOH allows conversion from foil and metallized film laminations to co-extruded barrier films.Read more
Mark Miller helps you identify the right material selection for tooling that will carry fluid to your substrate.Read more
Product and Technology of the Year Awards praise Hazen for Titleist golf ball sleeves and cartons and SAM N.A. for slot die with internal …Read more
Web handling expert Tim Walker offers three options for this machine direction folding process.Read more
News | New Products
Now offering smaller, 250mL recyclable, BPA-free cartons for easy storage in backpacks and lunchboxes
Multilayer films lend insulation to NASA Magnetospheric Multiscale components and vehicles in space
The event will chart pathways to growth success with a number of presentations covering industry research
The NW210-E Inkjet UV digital narrow web press makes it first home at the p-s label converter
EcoTag I and 2 synthetic paper is said to offer high quality type and other properties in demanding narrow web uses
Company will feature live demonstrations of lamination and web handling at opening of new, larger North American location
Frito-Lay floor stand honored as Temporary Display of the Year and Most Creative Temporary Display
Directories | Reports
PFFC brings you exclusive White Papers from our online sponsors.
Visit Kelly on Static from Static control expert Dr. Kelly Robinson, president of Electrostatic Answers; Kelly has 27+ years of experience in problem-solving and consulting.
Visit Tim's Web Lines to handle and wind your paper, film, foil, and similar products. Take advantage of Tim’s 25+ years just like over 100 converters have.
Visit Mark's Coating Matters from fluid coating expert Mark D. Miller; Process improvement and project management for precision roll-to-roll coating applications.
Visit Marketing Mojo for dynamic marketing insights from Stephanie Millman that inspire new ideas on how to stay on top of your customer’s mind.
Visit Yo’s Yarns to share the thoughts, impressions, experiences, and news that impact the converting industry. . . or anything else that happens to be on her mind!
Visit Tom's Poly Ploys, where Tom will be writing on various topics that the typical polymer processor would encounter on the job.
- August 01, 2009, By Yolanda Simonsis, Associate Publisher/Editor
It's no secret exhibitions and conferences have experienced a trend toward a more compact size. The Converting Machinery/Materials Conference and Exposition (CMM), held June 2-4 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Ctr. in Rosemont, IL, followed suit with the added challenge of a global recession to lower the number of attendees and exhibitors alike.
While attendance was the smallest the show has ever experienced at 1,850, a total of 150 exhibitor booths attracted quality leads, accounting for some upbeat activity on the show floor. The June 6-9, 2011, edition is once again slated for Rosemont.
Show features included the following highlights:
- Bestowal of a Converter of the Year award to deserving honoree Dan McFarland, president of Ampac's Performance Printed Films group. (Visit PFFC, June '09, p38, or www.pffc-online.com/flexpack/main/paper-growth-strategy-0609).
- A pre-show golf tournament debuted, co-sponsored with DiTrolio Flexographic Inst.
- Pre-show conferences/workshops featured PFFC's “Web Lines” contributor Timothy J. Walker.
- The Maxcess Univ. Conference Week, hosted by Maxcess Intl., included web handling instruction as well as hands-on demonstrations.
- A first-time State of the Converting Community panel brought together the chief editors of the five top industry publications.
- A mega-session of general interest to all focused on “Sustainability in Practice: Green Washing & Beyond.”
- Technology Centers focused on flexible packaging, narrow to mid-web converting, and folding cartons.
- Networking opportunities included a delegate luncheon, coffee break, and on-floor receptions.
- On the final day of the show, a Smartcar give-away was awarded to Tom Engel of Quad Plus LLC.
Here and in subsequent issues, readers will find an assortment of products that PFFC editors collected from CMM exhibitors.