- March 23, 2004, PRESS RELEASE
SANTA ANA, CA, USA—This year marks Markzware's 10-year anniversary of service to the global graphic arts, printing, and digital multimedia industries as the "leader in preflight solutions," says the California-based company. "Drupa 2004 will be Markzware's third time as an exhibitor at the mega-print event, and Markzware will demonstrate the evolution of its solutions beyond the traditional preflight realm."
According to Markzware, at the upcoming trade show it's presenting the theme, "Quality Print Results with Technology You Can Trust," and to educate the market on ensuring error-free and output-ready PDF creation, the company says it will be showcasing its quality control technology, including its full line of FlightCheck solutions (FlightCheck Professional 5.0, FlightCheck Workflow, and FlightCheck Online).
Drupa Plans: Markzware and Partners (MASPs)
At Markzware's exhibit a number of MASPs, or Markzware Authorized Solution Providers (markzware.com/masp), will host workstations demonstrating their award-winning applications and tool kits, along with a suite of partner workstations.
Markzware's MASPs include technical partners, integrators, and external consultants, and at Drupa, several MASPSs will showcase very exciting solutions with full, robust, and open workflow automation. CoDesCo GmbH, GRAPHit, ROI Distribution Ltd, Inpetto, and Vio Worldwide Ltd. will all demonstrate their solutions based upon FlightCheck Professional, FlightCheck Workflow, and/or FlightCheck Online technologies.
- CoDesCo GmbH (codesco.com), a Germany-based MASP, will be featuring several success stories of clients for whom they have implemented Markzware preflight and workflow solutions. In addition to these presentations, CoDesCo will also be showing its latest QuarkXPress XTensions.
- GRAPHit (graphit.nl) , a Dutch graphic media systems integrator, will unveil ROGER, a software solution based on Markzware's FlightCheck Workflow technology, that enables fully automated input control, including FlightCheck Professional as a key "Action Point" within the workflow layout. ROGER will be available in several languages and has already proven to be a great hit in The Netherlands with publishers and printers.
- ROI Distribution (roidistribution.com), a global UK-based VAR, focuses on providing innovative workflow, web, prepress and print solutions to the print and graphic arts markets. ROI is Markzware's UK distributor and the developer of Good2Print, a powerful workflow solution based upon Markzware's FlightCheck Workflow technology. Good2Print is a complete workflow solution, from source files like QuarkXPress and InDesign right through to automatic PDF creation.
- Inpetto, a MASP based in Austria and Germany, develops custom workflows as well as extensions for already existing workflow systems based on Markzware's applications and tool kits. Inpetto has developed Hermes Datacheck, a fully automatic data acceptance workflow for the prepress sector based on Markzware's FlightCheck Workflow technology. Hermes, one of the first MASP solutions on the market, checks, corrects, rearranges, and prints out jobs independently.
- Vio Worldwide (vio.com) and Markzware will demonstrate jointly their remote preflight and delivery solution for the publishing industry. Based on JDF exchange, this solution is comprised of Markzware's FlightCheck Online digital file inspection technology and Vio's digital document management and delivery system, which provides the preflight report and JDF-compliant job ticket to the publisher/recipient. This combined Vio-Markzware solution has already been deployed successfully by several publishers, including Reed Business Information (and J Jays Limited, their prepress supplier and service host); the Periodical Publishers Association; and Telegraph Group, publisher of
The Daily Telegraph and The Sunday Telegraph.
Miranda Clegg, group marketing director of Vio Worldwide, states, "Vio is delighted to be part of Markzware's exhibit at drupa to take the opportunity to demonstrate the excellent JDF-based solution that our companies have created to automate preflight inspection with digital delivery, improve efficiencies, reduce manual errors, and ultimately save publishers money."
Also at drupa, Markzware will present exciting news regarding FlightCheck Online (formerly known as MarkzNet), the first remote preflight application that provides quality control of digital jobs and assets over the Internet. FlightCheck Online is a server-based solution that enables prepress personnel, printers, publishers or any organization receiving a high volume of digital files from external or internal sources to check digital files against a customized set of preflight rules defined by the recipient. The sender is automatically notified of errors and required corrections before the job is submitted into the prepress workflow.
Markzware will perform a technology demonstration of XMLazarus, a stand-alone and plug-in technology that enables content creators and their manufacturing partners to utilize proprietary digital documents in new ways. XMLazarus can extract data from both current and obsolete file formats into a new, XML-rich document with the original content, design, styles, and layout preserved. The data may then be converted into other proprietary file formats with a Markzware plug-in utility or used in the many applications requiring XML data.
According to David Dilling, managing director for Markzware Europe BV, "XMLazarus has the capability to convert all of the most widely used desktop publishing applications such as QuarkXPress, InDesign, PageMaker, Word, Publisher, and others, to an XML-based format with a single drag-and-drop or batch process. XMLazarus is the first and only stand-alone technology that works across a broad spectrum of native applications and versions."
Markzware's XMLazarus technology is available to OEMs, developers, and other interested parties.
JDF: The White Paper
Other Markzware Drupa announcements include a White Paper technical brief detailing Markzware's plans for implementing the important new JDF 1.2 standard specification. The publication will define Markzware's intentions to implement preflighting in the JDF 1.2 standard throughout its line of quality control and digital file management solutions.
Visit Markzware at markzware.com.