- September 29, 2004, pffc-online.com
KENNESAW, GA, USA — At Graph Expo/Converting Expo 2004 (October 10-13, 2004, McCormick Place South, Chicago, IL, USA), Heidelberg USA will unveil the new Dymatrix 106 CSB die cutter to the North American market.
"CSB stands for cutting, stripping, and blanking," says the OEM. "The high-speed system, built to deliver first-class die cutting and embossing, offers high productivity and a range of applications."
Heidelberg lists the Dynamatrix 106 stats as:
- able to handle a broad spectrum of materials, including paper from 80 gsm (4 pt.), solid board up to 2,000 gsm (60 pt.) and corrugated board of up to 4 mm (160 pt.) thickness at processing speeds of up to 9,000 sheets an hour. In addition, the system is able to work with special materials such as aluminum or plastic foil.
- flexibility makes it particularly useful for packaging and label printers and finishing specialists that stay ahead of their competitors by offering a whole raft of applications. For example, the die cutter is built for a maximum sheet size of 76 x 106 cm (29.92" x 41.73"), making it the ideal accompaniment to Heidelberg’s largest printing machine (75 x 105 cm format). However, its modular structure enables the user to optionally increase the sheet size to 82 x 113 cm (32.28" x 44.49") format.
- a newly developed pile change system results in pallets with improved pile accuracy, which ensures consistent quality and reliable finishing in the subsequent process steps. A further advantage lies in the reduced changeover time, which ultimately leads to higher productivity.
- Other key features: Gripper: results in better quality and less wear. The gripper assemblies are made of lightweight carbon fiber for vibration-free sheet transport and precise die cutting. The resulting smaller mass also minimizes wear in the machine
Horizontal sheet transport: from the feed station through to delivery there is no vertical movement of the sheet travel, resulting in high product quality with fewer and smaller nicks and at the same time enables higher production speeds.
Patented register system: features extremely accurate register even at top speeds. The register system is integrated not only into the feed and cutting stations, but into the stripping and blank separating stations as well. As a result, the gripper assemblies are precisely aligned in all stations without any jolts or vibration
Non-stop feeder: equipped with a manually operated nonstop system. A fully automatic nonstop system also is available as an option
Cutting unit and gears: equipped with a cutting unit of sturdy design with separate gear housing. This prevents heat from the gears being transmitted to the cutting unit, producing consistent die cutting quality, without the need to readjust cutting pressure during production
Strippers: register system and double-cam drives in the stripping station allow even the smallest pieces of waste to be stripped longitudinally and transversely
Delivery: a sheet braking system, a low sheet drop height, cam-controlled gripper opener and sheet extractor increase the performance of the overall machine
"The quality of finishing work has a decisive impact on the final product," explains Heidelberg's postpress director Rob Kuehl. “With the new Dymatrix, which boasts everything from an innovative sheet feeder to a fully automatic pallet change-over system, Heidelberg is able to offer the packaging sector a sophisticated solution that delivers consistent production quality and high productivity at high speeds.”
Learn more about Heidelberg's products for the converting/package printing industry at heidelberg.com" target= "_new">heidelberg.com.