- November 21, 2007
TAPPI invites all industry professionals to participate in the 2008 PLACE Conference Technical Program, September 14-17, 2008 in Portsmouth, VA. Sponsored by TAPPI’s Polymers, Laminations, Adhesives, Coatings and Extrusions (PLACE) Div., this conference is tailored for attendees from all areas of the flexible packaging and converting industries.
Key topics for the 2008 conference include brand owner presentations, sustainability, biodegradable packaging, nanotechnology, intelligent/smart packaging, barrier innovations, converting solutions, performance packaging, and productivity enhancement.
Individuals interested in presenting at the conference should submit an abstract or technical paper online before January 25, 2008. Opportunities are available for individual papers, panel discussions, tutorial, and workshop sessions. The peer-review of all submissions will be held in February 2008, and feedback will be provided to authors shortly thereafter. Guidelines are as follows:
- Submissions should focus on basic and applied research results.
- Total word count for extended abstracts should be between 750 and 1,000 words; between 3,000 and 5,000 words for technical papers (an extended abstract can be submitted in lieu of a technical paper).
- Provide complete contact information for all authors.
- Authors should include a one- or two-sentence "application statement" that describes how others may be able to use the information in the presentation, or how it relates to research conducted within the topic area.
- The content of the extended abstract should highlight the problem researched, the results of the study, and clearly stated conclusions.
- Provide complete citations for all literature references.
- Overtly promotional presentation of specific products or processes is discouraged.
- Extended abstracts or technical papers should be formatted as one-column/full page and submitted either as a PDF or Word document. Include captions for any figures and tables.