Mark Miller helps you identify the right material selection for tooling that will carry fluid to your substrate.Read more
Product and Technology of the Year Awards praise Hazen for Titleist golf ball sleeves and cartons and SAM N.A. for slot die with internal …Read more
Web handling expert Tim Walker offers three options for this machine direction folding process.Read more
Marketing expert Mark Lusky offers 3 tips to help you rev up your reputation and credibility in the marketplaceRead more
News | New Products
Frito-Lay floor stand honored as Temporary Display of the Year and Most Creative Temporary Display
Demand for space is said to be strong for the 2016 trade fair for plastics and rubber, with 3,000 exhibitors expected to fill the halls
The 3600 Series undergoes an engine upgrade to run at higher speeds, reportedly with no loss in print quality
The Solution Coating Technical Center will offer customer trials and demos, toll coating, and R&D for the coating industry
The Tau 330 UV inkjet digital label press is said to provide up to 2 hours of uninterrupted printing, fewer changeovers, and less downtime
The DSS Compact Coex die is said to provide many benefits with less height and weight
The SPI Automatic Film Splicer performs non-stop film changes in food and beverage packaging operations
Directories | Reports
PFFC brings you exclusive White Papers from our online sponsors.
Visit Kelly on Static from Static control expert Dr. Kelly Robinson, president of Electrostatic Answers; Kelly has 27+ years of experience in problem-solving and consulting.
Visit Tim's Web Lines to handle and wind your paper, film, foil, and similar products. Take advantage of Tim’s 25+ years just like over 100 converters have.
Visit Mark's Coating Matters from fluid coating expert Mark D. Miller; Process improvement and project management for precision roll-to-roll coating applications.
Visit Marketing Mojo for dynamic marketing insights from Stephanie Millman that inspire new ideas on how to stay on top of your customer’s mind.
Visit Yo’s Yarns to share the thoughts, impressions, experiences, and news that impact the converting industry. . . or anything else that happens to be on her mind!
Visit Tom's Poly Ploys, where Tom will be writing on various topics that the typical polymer processor would encounter on the job.
- October 01, 2008, By Claudia Hine, Managing Editor
Converting & Package Printing Expo returns to McCormick Place in Chicago, IL, November 9-13. Once again, CPP Expo will be co-located with Pack Expo and Process Expo, giving visitors a cost-effective, efficient way to attend this supply chain event.
Organizers say converters cite this combination of three shows at the same location as the top reason they plan to attend CPP. Produced and managed by H.A. Bruno, Paramus, NJ, CPP Expo presents the unique opportunity to meet your customers — and their customers — in one place at one time. “Being physically co-located makes all the difference in the world,” says Leo Nadolske, president of CPP Expo, who adds industry-related exhibitions co-locating under one roof is just a natural progression of adjusting to industry trends.
Exhibiting companies serve the flexible packaging, folding carton/boxmaking, corrugated converting, tissue converting, and narrow web tag and label industries.
For more information, visit www.cppexpo.com.
McCormick Place, Chicago, IL
Sunday-Wednesday, November 9-12, 9:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M.
Thursday, November 13, 9:00 A.M.-2:00 P.M.
CPP will hold educational sessions on two days of the show. Here is what you can learn.
Tuesday, November 11
- 11:50 A.M.-12:30 P.M. — Increase Profits by Aligning Your Assets — Richard Henry, VP, The Advanced Team
- 12:40-1:20 P.M. — Over-Treatment of PET-Fact or Fiction (Part 1) — Jessica Bodine, technical sales representative, MICA Corp.
Wednesday, November 12
- 8:30-9:10 A.M. — Folding Cartons-Rethink Your Workflow and Drive More Profits — Mike Pfaff, folding carton manager, Comco, and Steve Leiben, sales manager, Matik North America
- 9:20-10:00 A.M. — Flexible Packaging-It's Not Just for Wide Web Anymore — Jerry Henson, flexible packaging manager, Mark Andy, and Giancarlo Ciammi, VP, Nordmeccanica Group
- 11:00-11:40 A.M. — Trends and Opportunities for Labels and other Package Decorations — Jeff Feltz, director of product development, Mark Andy
- 11:50 A.M.-12:30 P.M. — FDA FCN Compliant Food Packaging Using UV/EB Curing — Ron Golden, founder, FocalPoint Consulting, and Im Rangwalla, Energy Sciences
- 12:40-1:20 P.M. — The Impact of UV/EB Curing on Sustainable Packaging — Steve Lapin, applications specialist, PCT Engineered Systems, and Albert Lin, Henkel Corp.
- 12:40-1:20 P.M. — FIRST 4.0: Flexographic Image Reproduction Specifications and Tolerances — Robb Frimming, print services director, Schawk!
CEMA Joins In
The Converting Equipment Mfrs. Assn. (CEMA) will hold its Slitting & Rewinding Fundamentals For Converters seminar in conjunction with CPP and Pack Expo. The two-day seminar will be held November 11-12 at McCormick Place, and each attendee will receive a complimentary VIP exhibition pass for CPP and Pack Expo.
The CEMA seminar will cover step-by-step, best-practice techniques. It is structured to be easily understood by those who are new to the industry, while providing advanced information to those with more experience.