Folding carton and corrugated converters will find equipment displays and educational opportunities in die-cutting, foil stamping, embossing, and more.Read more
How well do you understand the relationship between your films and your corona treater?Read more
EVOH allows conversion from foil and metallized film laminations to co-extruded barrier films.Read more
Mark Miller helps you identify the right material selection for tooling that will carry fluid to your substrate.Read more
News | New Products
ECG seminar will feature a wide range of topics and break-out sessions
The Novamelt location in Germany, where hot melt p-s adhesives are produced, is expected to play a key role in the integration of the two companies
According to a study from the Corrugated Packaging Alliance, shipping in corrugated containers saves 10.4 percent annually compared to RPCs
The 2015 North American Paperboard Packaging Competition, which recognizes excellence through the entire converting process, is accepting entries
A recent show in China was the occasion for the introduction of the modular ‘Concept’ and a carbon fibre chamber doctor blade
Visit Booth 205 at Kansas City Convention Center April 27-29
The new event, which will focus on processing and packaging technologies serving the food and beverage areas, will launch in 2017
Directories | Reports
PFFC brings you exclusive White Papers from our online sponsors.
Visit Kelly on Static from Static control expert Dr. Kelly Robinson, president of Electrostatic Answers; Kelly has 27+ years of experience in problem-solving and consulting.
Visit Tim's Web Lines to handle and wind your paper, film, foil, and similar products. Take advantage of Tim’s 25+ years just like over 100 converters have.
Visit Mark's Coating Matters from fluid coating expert Mark D. Miller; Process improvement and project management for precision roll-to-roll coating applications.
Visit Marketing Mojo for dynamic marketing insights from Stephanie Millman that inspire new ideas on how to stay on top of your customer’s mind.
Visit Yo’s Yarns to share the thoughts, impressions, experiences, and news that impact the converting industry. . . or anything else that happens to be on her mind!
Visit Tom's Poly Ploys, where Tom will be writing on various topics that the typical polymer processor would encounter on the job.
- October 01, 2008, By Claudia Hine, Managing Editor
Converting & Package Printing Expo returns to McCormick Place in Chicago, IL, November 9-13. Once again, CPP Expo will be co-located with Pack Expo and Process Expo, giving visitors a cost-effective, efficient way to attend this supply chain event.
Organizers say converters cite this combination of three shows at the same location as the top reason they plan to attend CPP. Produced and managed by H.A. Bruno, Paramus, NJ, CPP Expo presents the unique opportunity to meet your customers — and their customers — in one place at one time. “Being physically co-located makes all the difference in the world,” says Leo Nadolske, president of CPP Expo, who adds industry-related exhibitions co-locating under one roof is just a natural progression of adjusting to industry trends.
Exhibiting companies serve the flexible packaging, folding carton/boxmaking, corrugated converting, tissue converting, and narrow web tag and label industries.
For more information, visit www.cppexpo.com.
McCormick Place, Chicago, IL
Sunday-Wednesday, November 9-12, 9:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M.
Thursday, November 13, 9:00 A.M.-2:00 P.M.
CPP will hold educational sessions on two days of the show. Here is what you can learn.
Tuesday, November 11
- 11:50 A.M.-12:30 P.M. — Increase Profits by Aligning Your Assets — Richard Henry, VP, The Advanced Team
- 12:40-1:20 P.M. — Over-Treatment of PET-Fact or Fiction (Part 1) — Jessica Bodine, technical sales representative, MICA Corp.
Wednesday, November 12
- 8:30-9:10 A.M. — Folding Cartons-Rethink Your Workflow and Drive More Profits — Mike Pfaff, folding carton manager, Comco, and Steve Leiben, sales manager, Matik North America
- 9:20-10:00 A.M. — Flexible Packaging-It's Not Just for Wide Web Anymore — Jerry Henson, flexible packaging manager, Mark Andy, and Giancarlo Ciammi, VP, Nordmeccanica Group
- 11:00-11:40 A.M. — Trends and Opportunities for Labels and other Package Decorations — Jeff Feltz, director of product development, Mark Andy
- 11:50 A.M.-12:30 P.M. — FDA FCN Compliant Food Packaging Using UV/EB Curing — Ron Golden, founder, FocalPoint Consulting, and Im Rangwalla, Energy Sciences
- 12:40-1:20 P.M. — The Impact of UV/EB Curing on Sustainable Packaging — Steve Lapin, applications specialist, PCT Engineered Systems, and Albert Lin, Henkel Corp.
- 12:40-1:20 P.M. — FIRST 4.0: Flexographic Image Reproduction Specifications and Tolerances — Robb Frimming, print services director, Schawk!
CEMA Joins In
The Converting Equipment Mfrs. Assn. (CEMA) will hold its Slitting & Rewinding Fundamentals For Converters seminar in conjunction with CPP and Pack Expo. The two-day seminar will be held November 11-12 at McCormick Place, and each attendee will receive a complimentary VIP exhibition pass for CPP and Pack Expo.
The CEMA seminar will cover step-by-step, best-practice techniques. It is structured to be easily understood by those who are new to the industry, while providing advanced information to those with more experience.