At well over 1 million sq ft and growing, the triennial plastics showcase will have operating equipment at 400+ booths.Read more
PFFC's "On Print" columnist Dene Taylor will present educational session on packaging.Read more
The fundamentals of air entrainment, entrapment, and rheology are critical to product success.Read more
The high barrier performance of EVOH, even after abuse, has allowed for conversion from foil and metallized film laminations to co-extruded barrier films.Read more
News | New Products
Guardian chucks offer new handwheel, journal seat, and housing design
New version of the Sanilox system can be seen on company’s redesigned website
Patent-pending films developed by Pregis for inflatable cushioning applications
Thermoplastic elastomers are said to protect the freshness, quality, and safety of food and beverages
The company has had a busy and productive decade as a supplier of protective packaging solutions
An impressive array of speakers also will address economic trends, building winning organizational cultures, and more
SpearRC developed to offer PET bottle the benefits of pressure-sensitive labels
Directories | Reports
PFFC brings you exclusive White Papers from our online sponsors.
Visit Kelly on Static from Static control expert Dr. Kelly Robinson, president of Electrostatic Answers; Kelly has 27+ years of experience in problem-solving and consulting.
Visit Tim's Web Lines to handle and wind your paper, film, foil, and similar products. Take advantage of Tim’s 25+ years just like over 100 converters have.
Visit Mark's Coating Matters from fluid coating expert Mark D. Miller; Process improvement and project management for precision roll-to-roll coating applications.
Visit Marketing Mojo for dynamic marketing insights from Stephanie Millman that inspire new ideas on how to stay on top of your customer’s mind.
Visit Yo’s Yarns to share the thoughts, impressions, experiences, and news that impact the converting industry. . . or anything else that happens to be on her mind!
Visit Tom's Poly Ploys, where Tom will be writing on various topics that the typical polymer processor would encounter on the job.
- October 01, 2008, By Claudia Hine, Managing Editor
Converting & Package Printing Expo returns to McCormick Place in Chicago, IL, November 9-13. Once again, CPP Expo will be co-located with Pack Expo and Process Expo, giving visitors a cost-effective, efficient way to attend this supply chain event.
Organizers say converters cite this combination of three shows at the same location as the top reason they plan to attend CPP. Produced and managed by H.A. Bruno, Paramus, NJ, CPP Expo presents the unique opportunity to meet your customers — and their customers — in one place at one time. “Being physically co-located makes all the difference in the world,” says Leo Nadolske, president of CPP Expo, who adds industry-related exhibitions co-locating under one roof is just a natural progression of adjusting to industry trends.
Exhibiting companies serve the flexible packaging, folding carton/boxmaking, corrugated converting, tissue converting, and narrow web tag and label industries.
For more information, visit www.cppexpo.com.
McCormick Place, Chicago, IL
Sunday-Wednesday, November 9-12, 9:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M.
Thursday, November 13, 9:00 A.M.-2:00 P.M.
CPP will hold educational sessions on two days of the show. Here is what you can learn.
Tuesday, November 11
- 11:50 A.M.-12:30 P.M. — Increase Profits by Aligning Your Assets — Richard Henry, VP, The Advanced Team
- 12:40-1:20 P.M. — Over-Treatment of PET-Fact or Fiction (Part 1) — Jessica Bodine, technical sales representative, MICA Corp.
Wednesday, November 12
- 8:30-9:10 A.M. — Folding Cartons-Rethink Your Workflow and Drive More Profits — Mike Pfaff, folding carton manager, Comco, and Steve Leiben, sales manager, Matik North America
- 9:20-10:00 A.M. — Flexible Packaging-It's Not Just for Wide Web Anymore — Jerry Henson, flexible packaging manager, Mark Andy, and Giancarlo Ciammi, VP, Nordmeccanica Group
- 11:00-11:40 A.M. — Trends and Opportunities for Labels and other Package Decorations — Jeff Feltz, director of product development, Mark Andy
- 11:50 A.M.-12:30 P.M. — FDA FCN Compliant Food Packaging Using UV/EB Curing — Ron Golden, founder, FocalPoint Consulting, and Im Rangwalla, Energy Sciences
- 12:40-1:20 P.M. — The Impact of UV/EB Curing on Sustainable Packaging — Steve Lapin, applications specialist, PCT Engineered Systems, and Albert Lin, Henkel Corp.
- 12:40-1:20 P.M. — FIRST 4.0: Flexographic Image Reproduction Specifications and Tolerances — Robb Frimming, print services director, Schawk!
CEMA Joins In
The Converting Equipment Mfrs. Assn. (CEMA) will hold its Slitting & Rewinding Fundamentals For Converters seminar in conjunction with CPP and Pack Expo. The two-day seminar will be held November 11-12 at McCormick Place, and each attendee will receive a complimentary VIP exhibition pass for CPP and Pack Expo.
The CEMA seminar will cover step-by-step, best-practice techniques. It is structured to be easily understood by those who are new to the industry, while providing advanced information to those with more experience.