- March 01, 2010
KENNESAW, GA | Heidelberg recently sold a Speedmaster XL 162 VLF press to Bell Inc., Sioux Falls, SD. Bell is supporting its new press with a Suprasetter 162 VLF CtP system. Both the press and platesetting device are scheduled to be installed in April.
Bell VP Ben Graham says, “We believe that together these installations will create a model of highly efficient print and plate production. Bell will be in a position to offer even the largest customers the kind of speed and flexibility we're known for.”
In addition to Heidelberg lasers and patented Intelligent Diode System, the Suprasetter is said to feature excellent depth of focus, internal temperature stabilization, and straightforward operation.
- Colbert Packaging, Elkhart, IN, receives Sustainable Forestry Initiative Chain of Custody Certification from NSF-ISR as well as Forest Stewardship Council Chain of Custody Certification from Scientific Certification Systems. Both certifications encompass Colbert operations in Lake Forest, IL, and in Elkhart.
- Caraustar Industries, Atlanta, GA, increases prices by $50/ton on all grades of uncoated recycled paperboard and converted products produced by its mills, effective February 8. Prices of tubes and cores and all other uncoated recycled paperboard converted products also are increased, effective February 15.
- Masterpiece Graphix, Fenton, MO, releases Masterpiece Premium 18 pt C1S board stock, which has been certified by Hewlett-Packard for the HP Indigo WS6000 industrial roll press.
- The Folding Carton Group of Menasha Packaging, Neenah, WI, achieves certification to the Sustainable Forestry Initiative and the Forest Stewardship Council fiber-sourcing standards. Menasha also launches a redesigned website at www.menashapackaging.com as part of an overall rebranding campaign. The site is said to make it easier for customers to navigate the product and services offerings of the company's nine operational groups.
- Since the launch of the Kongsberg XP digital cutting table in 2009, EskoArtwork, Gent, Belgium, reports more than 60 successful operational installations worldwide. The Kongsberg XP series is designed to operate continuously in a 24/7 production environment targeted at corrugated packaging companies and manufacturers of POP and permanent in-store product displays.