- May 10, 2002, PRESS RELEASE
BETHESDA, MD, USA—The Adhesive and Sealant Council, Inc. (ASC) is requesting papers for its 2002 fall Convention/Expo; the theme of the event is "Leading Change in the Industry." Slated for October 13–16, 2002, in Pittsburgh, PA, the event will feature two days of parallel session tracks, one for technical professionals, the other for marketing/sales. ASC notes deadline for paper submissions is June 20, 2002.
ASC reports sessions will feature presentations on topics including: the impact of recent innovations and advances in the industry; the growth and development of new technologies; the effect of the economy on marketing, advertising, and global expansion; and e-commerce in the new economy. Based on the session topics, adhesive and sealant industry members are encouraged to submit abstracts to the ASC on issues including:
- developments in the science of adhesion
- challenging applications for adhesives and sealants
- current state of various strategic segments of the industry (packaging, construction, etc) future forecasts
- making a case for change: future trends, drivers, and potential external scenarios that influence the industry