January 25, 2012
SPRINGFIELD, MA | The Spring Meeting of the Paperboard Packaging Council (PPC), scheduled for March 7–9 at the Marriott in downtown Louisville, KY, will feature a number of presentations by industry leaders:
• Scott Cassel, the Product Stewardship Inst., will explain Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR), where it's headed, and what it means for the industry.
• Stephen Klump, Nestlé USA, will describe what they look for in packaging and what they find most desirable in a converting plant.
• Alan Beaulieu, Inst. for Trend Research, will reveal the latest global economic trends and how they will affect your business.
• Linda Casey, Package Design magazine, will detail what’s currently in vogue for package design, how packaging will change in the future, and what you can do to stay on top.
• Representatives from North American Mfrs. (NAM) and Canadian Mfrs. and Exporters (CME) will provide US and Canadian legislative updates and describe the benefits of cross-border economic cooperation.
• Tom Hattersley, Pathway Guidance, will disclose best practices for recruiting and retaining superior employees.
• Greg Gordillo, Bureau Veritas Certification North America, will demystify the various fiber certification organizations and options.
• Alan Isacson, ABI Marketing Public Relations, will provide actionable tips on how to inspire salespeople to not just manage accounts but actually go out and get new business.
• John Neff, Family Enterprise Consulting, will reveal insights into the factors that help family businesses thrive.