- November 28, 2012
Diamond won a Gold Award for Elizabeth Arden’s White Diamonds Gift Set. The company’s QuikSet hybrid design, which provides an alternative to rigid set-up boxes,consists of a lid and reinforced base that gives the feel and finished edges of a rigid set-up box. It also features direct application of graphics and stamping or embossing, flat shipping and storage, and easy setup.
The carton features metallized polyester board and intricate embossing accents. The carton was offset printed with transparent gold, dense black, and opaque white inks, in-line with UV high-gloss coating. Dome-embossed round diamonds reinforce the White Diamonds brand.
Other Diamond winners include:
• A Gold Award for Procter & Gamble’s new Secret Clinical Strength series cartons featuring foil stamping, UV gloss spot coating, and DiamondEmboss coating accents
• A Gold Award for the company’s three-month corporate calendar, a long-standing promotional item given to customers and suppliers
• An Excellence Award for Australian Gold’s JWOWW by Jenni Farley Gift Set, featuring metallized polyester board, intricate embossing accents, and a dual window on the front panel, which showcases the body lotion and sleek Eau de Parfum bottle, created by Jenni Farley herself
• An Excellence Award for Elizabeth Arden’s Cosmic Radiance Britney Spears packaging, featuring distinctive black and white embossed jewels radiating outward from the center to the side panels, and complementing the perfume bottle—also decorated with black and white jewels
• Diamond won two awards, including an Eco Excellence Award, for its new Green Chic sustainable packaging. Green Chic incorporates multiple technologies, all applied inline: TruCOLOR expanded color gamut (ECG) printing, specialty coatings (e.g., Emboss, Glitter, Pearl, Soft Touch, Texture), and effects and decorations (e.g., Liquid Metal and MiraFoil metallic UV coatings, Cast and Cure holographic effects). All components are manufactured using 100% renewable wind energy.
The “Four Seasons” folding carton series demonstrates these technologies in packaging representing each of the four seasons. All of the samples were created utilizing Synergy (tapered tuck and seal end) structure. The cartons also incorporate a QR code which, when scanned, directs users to Diamond's green website.