- March 22, 2007, pffc-online.com
TAPPI is inviting all industry professionals to participate in the 2007 PLACE Conference Technical Program, September 16-20, 2007, in St. Louis, MO. Sponsored by TAPPI’s Polymers, Laminations, Adhesives, Coatings and Extrusions (PLACE) Division, the conference is tailored for attendees from all areas of the flexible packaging and converting industries.
New this year, the Review Committee is requesting an extended abstract or a formal technical paper be submitted for consideration in presenting at the conference. Consider the following guidelines when preparing your extended abstract:
- Submissions should focus on basic and applied research results. Total word count for extended abstracts should be between 750 and 1000 words; for technical papers, between 3000 and 5000 words.
- Please provide complete contact information for all authors.
- Authors should include a one- or two-sentence "application statement" that describes how others may be able to use the information in the presentation, or how it relates to research conducted within the topic area.
- The content of the extended abstract should highlight the problem researched, the results of the study and clearly stated conclusions.
- Please provide complete citations for all literature references.
- While presenters may be from within the supplier community, overtly promotional presentations of specific products or processes are discouraged.
- Extended abstracts or technical papers should be formatted as one-column/full page and submitted either as a pdf or Microsoft Word document. Include captions for any figures and tables.
Authors interested in presenting at the conference can submit extended abstracts or technical papers online at tappi.org/07PLACE by March 30, 2007. The Technical Program Committee Review of all submissions will be held in April 2007, with feedback to authors to follow shortly thereafter.